A Passion for Clear, Focused Language
During my 16 years as a writer, I have worked as a journalist, copywriter, and technical writer. That combined experience in both print and online media has helped me develop a broad range of skills, including:
- Adaptability: The ability to handle a variety of writing projects, from software documentation to Web copy to magazine features. Also, the ability to quickly learn and become comfortable with new forms of writing.
- Technical Literacy: An in-depth understanding of computer and Internet technologies and concepts, plus experience with various authoring, graphics, and other development tools.
- Audience Focus: The skill to communicate complex material to lay readers and, more generally, to write with the target audience in mind.
- Collaborative Skill: The strong sense of respect and openness needed to work easily with others in team environments.
- Accuracy and Speed: A serious appreciation for the importance of meeting deadlines, and the time management skills critical to doing so consistently.
- Resourcefulness: The solid research and interviewing skills needed to collect information and complete projects efficiently.